Thursday, January 31, 2008

OOM!?!!? Well, let's explore!

Kaiser says: "The only problem I have in long fights is mana, although I do have TotH. I'm puzzled as to why you aren't experiencing the same"

Thanks for the visit Kaiser!

Well, I don't have mana issues because I decided to use a few small items, thus picking up the slack of mana inefficiency. First, I ALWAYS bring the best mana oil in the game. Second, I utilize drinking time after each fight; even chain pulling ill grab 3 or 4 tics of water, regardless to how much mana I currently have left(i.e. even if i am near full on mana). Lastly, in a boss fight, I will tend to use hawk and when my mana runs out I will pop a mana potion and switch to viper if the fight has much longer to go. I really try to adjust to the situation for a boss.

Another interesting thing to note is that in kara I rank my Pally blessings as such: Kings > Might > Wisdom > Salv. Kings gives us a monster agility boost which is beautiful and then might helps our dps as well. If you have 3 pallies, then you are in Hunter utopia. If you 're bad at keeping mana, grab wisdom; if you keep pulling off the tank, grab salv! Honestly, if your having trouble with mana, then you don't FEEL like trying hard enough to be full :) With mage tables, you can drink at your own leisure.

Side note: Blessing of Salvation - For your typical much beloved hunter....actually people don't like us much. That reminds me....this past weekend a friend asked me to help his guild down the undead dragon jerk in Kara. here is how the conversation went:
Friend: "Hey we need some dps for Kara, are you saved?"
Nomakk: "No, and I am free to help, I will go"
Friend: "Ok, 1 sec...."
Friend: "I'm sorry, they said any dps EXCEPT a hunter"
Nomakk: " Lol, did you tell them I am an awesome hunter?"
Friend: "They said they don't care, hunters always ruin good fights"


At this point I went on for a few minutes convincing when I should have said "%#&8 those guys". It bugs me that so many hunters are the Noob Saibot of WoW that I have to justify my skills. Long story short, I helped and they 1-shot him and I lost only to their Shaman in damage AND my timely Misdirect mid-fight saved our priest from and untimely demise! Bah!

Ok, Blessing of Salvation! :D Why I don't use it? Well, Feign Death is strong, and I think we should all learn to use it early, not when it's too late! I use mine after 1 shot rotation. This leaves me time to adjust my dps if it gets resisted. More so, I have a fallback plan of dropping to Aspect of the Monkey and popping deterrence (While active I hit 65% dodge and 30% parry). I have few recollections of dying during a deterrence, even on Gruul (10s of Legendary Hunter tanking!!). So, Salv may work for some, but I think if you are careful and use FD early so you can tame your dps accordingly, then you can take the dps boost of Might, Kings and Wisdom instead! Also, remember if the group is not utilizing your misdirect, feel free to use it yourself to keep your tank above you so you can rain the dps without worry!

No comments: