Thursday, February 7, 2008

Nomakk is a changin'!

Well, recently the good old in-game life has been in flux. My arena teams both dissolved due to friends quitting the game (they were casual arena teams anyway). It was a bit depressing to lose the RL friends in game, luckily they are still my friends in RL....ramble ramble ramble. I digress; the one exciting outcome of this change is joining competitive arena teams! I mean, don't get me wrong, me and my moonkin pal wanted to win, but it was about 10 games as opposed to our rating most weeks. Also, due to some donations of the aforementioned retiree's, I now have a lot of gold for the first time. Liberating and fun to just sift through BOE epics at my leisure :)

So, I found a 2v2 team pretty quick...though I think I will be quitting soon and finding myself a frost mage! I am with a BM hunter, which isn't too bad, but whenever we fight a healer+dps we lose...I doubt we ever can beat that team sadly (Bm hunter just doesn't have the strong burst of a moonkin).

Now, my new 3v3 team is much more promising! Holy Pally, cookie warlock and myself. We won our first 8 games without having previously played together! This team is exciting for a few reasons: 1) We are already 1600+ rating, which I only previously achieved once. 2) We have excellent team chemistry, so....the sky could be the limit! I will keep everyone posted on this teams progress...and their names when I finally make an "at home" post. :)

The only fun thing going on is a possible guild merger. I was sad at first, but the merger presents the opportunity to go to Gruul's, Mag's, SSC and beyond! So, in the end, we will lose our little family feel, but trade it in for a bundle of other family people that hopefully are as nice as my current guild! Cross your fingers!

No comments: