Friday, February 8, 2008

The pain of Arathi Basin

How do you get 14 AB marks in one night? Well, you simply go 1-11 in AB! That was my daily pvp quest experience yesterday. You know, I oddly always see it coming when AB day arrives....yet I try to hope for a lucky draw of excellent teammates! I did get such a team....on try 12 :( There is good news though, I found a good way to get decent honor while losing all day!

Let me first say, I am not in need of AB marks for anything (I actually spend them on potions to stop from capping at 100). If you are alliance in my battle group, your honor to mark ratio is not so pretty, thus I have tons of all the different marks. As is displayed in my 14 mark day while just trying for my pvp daily. Ok....I digress. More honor you say! So, the AV queue has a 10 minute wait and AB pops in seconds. Soooooo, I join both queues and...if AB is hopeless, I accept the AV queue. Is there really a moral dilemma of leaving your group behind?

Well, considering I can manage to take a base...hold it for several minutes while constantly calling for help...only to die and see zero dots near the base...but oh look, we have 8 alliance at stables and 4 fighting on the road between stables and "insert any close base here." So no, I don't feel bad doing it, though my heart gets the best of me and I passed on about every AV pop with the hope we would get it together. Amazing that after all the AB grief I still have that hope innately. In the end, I left 1 Ab for an AV, so a better idea for you, IF you have an easier time bailing on a likely loss! :)

So, I did in fact get 3k+ honor, which is remotely satisfying. Most of it came from my 4-1 AV night though. A night that saw 1 Alliance loss...a heartbreaking loss. Drek at 3% when Vandaar forget to pop shield wall (he has his noob moments I suppose). Yeah, we lost with Drek at 3%...::tear::

Hmmm...did this come off as a rant? :D

No comments: