Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fresh start!

So, last night I released myself from my guild. In short, I was finally broken down to being completely empty on hope. Hope that they would be good people...friendly people. I guess I wanted so bad to be a part of one of those guilds that just loves to play together. A guild that doesn't mind laughing at a hilarious wipe or an accidental entire raid with your fishing pole on. If I wanted to be treated like I was in jail, then I could easily buy a ticket to visit the facilities!

Drama: So, I took a week off last week, I simply said "It's not fun, when did it become all business" and then this week after some discussion with some guildies, I figured "one more try". So, I sign up and here is the message I receive (no joke): "hey Nomakk, I saw you signed up this week. You have been replaced with a new hunter, so you likely won;t be able to raid with us anymore." So, I responded: "Lolligans! Are you kidding? I can't take 1 week off....our 'officer' hunter took 2 off and his spot was waiting for him...". Finally, the last line before my departure: "I assumed you were done raiding forever because it wasn't fun".

Yeah, how is that for gratitude? Let's ignore the fact that I spend 100g for my respec's each week. Let's forget that I spend hundreds of gold on consumables each week. At the very least, recognize that our 2 young hunters are as good as they are thanks to my help and guidance. These are young kids who were depressed with the wws report each week. I helped them build better spec's and re-gem and work on shot rotation. No one saw it, I just did it. They needed and wanted to be better, so I helped them get there.

I don't want to entirely rant. So, moving on!

I actually feel liberated, not sad by the change. I no longer am constricted by a guild of selfish and greedy individuals. Control freaks are painful to raid for. Now, I can finally search out a guild that wants to have fun. Build progression through good times and shenanigans. The search is on! I will find a home!! :) or maybe a home will find me?? (fingers crossed!)

I say to any of you being enslaved from the fun by your guild..."Damn the man!". Free yourself and find a new path! Hopefully a sarcastic laden one with crazy folks enjoying the GAME! Viva La Resistance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're 'free' now, sir.

Moar 4-man Onyxia!

Space Monsters from OHIO said...

That was insane how poorly they treated you, but since you missed ony last week we've replaced you with another hunter....Yea...right...How the hell we gonna replace saide...cant be done :-p j/m Im glad you finally can get away from that awful guild... Guilds shouldnt be rated on the content the can do, they should be rated on the guild experiance. OBF has been amazing so far...when I log on people talk to me im not just another player... I'm sure you'll find another guild shortly! btw...sorry for yelling thee other night...twas late I got grouchy and that shouldnt be an excuse...so sorry buddy :-/

Though now we can do a full clear of zg with nomakk/delos/jaden and retartedbuck I mean retbuck...

Nomakk said...

@Cait - Moar "insert fun event here" you mean :)

@Bucky - It's true, a lot of my true power lies in Sadie's paws. Just look 2 posts back!! :)