Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gruul...Mag...SSC...Oh mY!

So, for the first time, Nomakk will enter SSC . Last week he got to meet Mag for the first time as well! Mag is the most fun I have had in an instance/raid in a long time. We got him to 17% on try 3 (our guilds first ever attempts), but never closer than that. We seem to be having trouble with the cubes. If anyone has any insight on click timing, please share! We followed everything we can find, but it seems to be a bit ambiguous as to when to click them.
  • When bigwigs says "5 seconds to..."
  • When we see the cast begin
  • When the spell is channeling?

Our best success seemed like we always did it early, but then there was some debate as to whether we should do the clicky early. He goes down tonight!


SSC will likely start tomorrow, barring Mag owning us tonight. I have decided to deepen my survival points from 33 to somewhere from 34-40, not quite sure yet. I am assuming trap resist, timing and cooldown will be needed again. We have 1 lock and 3 mages though, which is why I am conflicted as to the respec (dps loss for cc quality). If anyone knows how important it is, please let me know. Regardless, the respec would provide an excellent spec for those "hero moments" where the raid realizes that hunters do indeed save the day from time to time! :)

Wish me luck and any advice is much appreciated!
(telling me to spec BM, is NOT advice!) =D

No comments: