Friday, May 9, 2008

Progression and Aggression

Magtheridon has been slain! Woohoo! 6 pieces of loot, 3 hunter chest pieces!! (mage & lock too I guess...). I actually didn't roll because my chest piece is quite nice from ZA and figured the other 2 hunters and a newer lock would benefit more (as I rack up the DKP).

Now, SSC wasn't as successful, but it was our first time! We couldn't try Hydross because our Nature Resist warrior was not around. So, as painful as I feared it would be, we tried Lurker. Yes, painful...but promising I must say. We got a lot of practice and people are getting it down. Besides, we have never failed a boss on consecutive weeks. I am betting we can down Hydross AND Lurker next week! :)

Aggression came from PVP. After our SSC run I still had my flask and was raid buffed. So, I decided to do the EoTS daily. You know, EoTS as alliance is not as bad as you may think. Ok, it is pretty bad, but I am consoled by the way my hunter performs now. I can tell one short snippet of why I love it. The horde team in one EoTS was doing their old "Hold the flag and farm" technique. So, I crept up the side of the tower and realized a shaman in ghost wolf with 5k HP had the flag. Sadly, he had 2 priests and a resto-druid with him...what to do...

So, I have a flask, 988 Agility and 42% crit right now, right? Lets try it! Aimed Shot, 3700 crit, arcane shot, 1500 crit and then bam Multi-shot hits the Shammy for 2100 (DEAD!) and both priests for over 1500. Just like that the Shaman dies. From there the fun level dwindled as I fought 3 healers for...I dunno, 3 minutes? :D Either way, it was refreshing to see I can drop someone faster than healer reaction time. Did he have 300 resilience? Probably not. But hey, we were down by a bagillion points at the time and it was the shining star of that BG for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always a silver lining :)

Next time, shoot for 6 healers and a 10 minute fight! hehe