Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Patch verdict: try marksman out

Amazing how much a week changes things! I usually try not to complain too much, but I have to say....this patch stinks in my opinion.

Explosive shot (new graphic pictured to the left): Ouch...and ouch again. Seriously....what is going on. I don't care how much the damage is increased, I LOVED the way this shot worked. Come on, aoe burst was it man! It was fun and it made survival unique and fun. Now we are just an arcane shot subbing, diluted spec of a hunter.

Yesterday, horde raided Ironforge and Stormwind...tell me something more fun than shooting a fire explosion into a concentrated group of horde? It shouldn't be called explosive shot anymore, it should be called flame shot and the tool tip should say "Does the same thing as arcane shot, just fire damage instead. Slightly more damage and way more mana to shoot.". The damage increase wont be worth it...tonight is the first night I will try out marksman.

Why does "Lock and Load" have a cooldown? The proc chance is 10% already, why does it need to be capped at 1 proc per 30s? If I am using rapid fire and my shot output is vastly increased, so should all of my proc's.

This is the first patch in...well, the first patch I can remember looking and saying "Wow, hunter really are getting the shaft." Whats with all the pet debuffs?? What, finally a BM hunter has a pet doing 40%+ of his damage and you nerf the pet? Come on! That is how it should be.

You are the Master of the beast! You train that pet to be a fine tuned killing machine. You invigorate one another and energize each other!

Blizzard Warrior: "Hey why are BM hunter pets hitting my warrior so hard in WSG?"
Blizzard Druid: "I dunno, let me mangle this guy for 3800 damage while in bear form then I will make sure we nerf them"
Blizzard Warrior: "Hey, could you remove my 15% hit penalty too, it's getting old missing with my pair of 2-handed weapons. Thanks!"

Blizzard Hunter #463: "Wait, you laying me off? Why?"
Blizzard Manager: "Look, you talk too much. We are all happy here and all you do is talk about hunter this and hunter that. Look, you got a cute pet, stop being so damn greedy! It's not ALL ABOUT YOU!"
Blizzard Hunter #463: "Does that mean Blizzard Warrior and Druid are fired too?"
Blizzard Manager: "Are you kidding? My kids play a sick Druid/Warrior arena team."

Yeah, So my mood isn't the best and yes, a level 77 druid mangled me for 3800 in bear form yesterday...I have 416 resilience and I am level 76. Maybe I will get lucky and my Fire shot will hit for 10k damage now!! Finally, let us all try to remember it's called fire shot now...explosive shot is that mythical shot we had in the past that actually exploded.

Happy patch day everyone!! (sorry if you weren't in the mood for a rant)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Try marks by all means, I do like chimera shot!

HAH fooled ya!

Lets see, why removed the aoe from explosive shot, well function wise your always better off doing volley (yeah even with a lock and load tab-targeting 3 mobs volley was better) and now explosive shot won't break all your traps/sheeps etc. However lore wise, yeah its now "super arcane shot" but with 3 ticks for glorious helping with aspect of the viper.

The 30 second cooldown on lock and load is simply to stop trap dancing form being silly, people were grabbing the trap cooldown reductions on talents and gear and doing silly, silly dps. Its still a pain for the serpent stinging though, but with explosive shots increased damage it should work out.

Anyhow, marks is good fun, even if its not *me* have fun with it!

Kordwar said...

Go ahead! we don't want you anyway! :P

In all seriousness the AoE portion is what was hurting the shot. SV is about control first and foremost, and ES breaking that control was not good. I couldn't take my beloved ES into arena because as soon as they realized i was 51 SV they'd be hugging each others nuts the whole match negating all of my CC.