Thursday, January 15, 2009

Time to survive!

So, I respec'd myself yesterday to survival! Now Lienna can stop throwing toilet paper in my front yard!

I have to say, having a tank with strong aoe control is amazing for the survival hunter. We had a Paladin tank and it was simply a blast! (Thanks Buck!) That being said, I did feel like I was contributing to my parties latency with all my explosions (had to look awesome as a melee character with fire always spraying around you, tell me Wowgirl!, was it like constant fireworks!?).

The adventure was shared with Surbuck, Delos and Caitles. We really flew threw our adventures with few hiccups. Nice smooth control and good times throughout.

I have to say, the damage potential of the survival hunter is very promising. I can see topping damage meters in raids not being out of the question. I mean, when a large chunk of your damage is from a spell type damage, you already have a head start. Not to mention that the Survival hunter critical strike rate is awesome.

I am truly enjoying the hunter as a whole lately. I do much prefer doing instances and hanging with friends, but I have found a subtle enjoyment rotating my pets in and out. It is true you can't really keep more than 2 pets at your same level, but that's not fun! So, I am leveling 4 at the same time. The constant change is doing two things for me. First, it's teaching me more and more about the 3 pet types (cunning, ferocity and tankmaster supreme).

Also, I really am still figuring out which pet will work in which scenario. It's exciting having pet uncertainty. Finding names is much harder though. I think I may have to use Petopia if I get to 80 and haven't named them all.

Another thing, I really like not "wasting" experience for my pet. You know, when your pet dings early in an instance, the rest of the xp would be better going to a different pet. So, all of my pets have enough cushion to run 2 or 3 instances without leveling. I am proud to say I haven't wasted a single bit of pet xp to date. That being said, I am level 76 with 3 level 74 pets (all partly into 75 though). So, who cares what makes sense, I love it!

Also, the loss of critical strike rating as I level has grown old. I mean, how can an Elf possibly forget how to hit someone in just the right spot simply by killing some bears, grabbing some Pelts and serving up some horde? Whatever...I am over it... :(

This should be One Among Many posts to come! Thanks for keeping me on the ball Multi-class friend! :P

Also, in case you haven't figured it out yet, 5 Paladins can do ANYTHING together! FYI.

4 comments:

Kordwar said...

I've seen 25 paladin Zul'aman on warcraft movies. Insane isn't even a good word to describe it.

Anonymous said...

lol thanks for all those references =P

I thought you looked different in that instance!

At one point...
Delos: Did someone just level up?
Me: Noooo?
Delos: Hm.

I figured out later it was your trap thing explosive shot whatchamajigger making that crazy graphic. I think combining that with lower set graphics makes it look a little odd!

Still, all the explosiveness was fun. Welcome back to the world of survival. Lienna will be happy!

=D

/cookie

Amy said...

Oh suuuure you complain about it now, but I happen to know you haven't had to buy toilet roll in months, how do you explain that huh?

The loss of critical strike rating becomes very old, I swear you lose half of it when you get your last ding. I can definitely say that survival dps is competitive right now, its below the other 2 hunter specs, but it doesn't seem to be below other classes dps, and of course the buff is coming for us ^^

Nomakk said...

@ Kordwar - yeah, it always amazes me what paladins can do. Also, people need to stop saying "Why do we have 3 paladins" - come on people, its a hybrid class :D

@ wowgirl - Yeah its a real shame whats happening to that graphic this patch :(

@ Lienna - I have to admit, the quilted norhtern is quite lovely, thank you :P